Maneki Neko Teapot: Detailing

I spent a good three hours adding details to the Maneki Necko, starting with filling out the chin and cheeks, and then adding the eyes. I modelled the closed eyes on actual cay eyes, rather than the cartoonish style of most Nekos. The whiskers were extruded with a garlic press, and the toes were carved in, along with the coin pattern (made up).



Linda Guiho modified the neck bell to take away its cherry tomato feel..



The Maneki Neko is ready for drying now; it may need some patching in on the crevasses as the clay shrinks.



I added a patch of clay near the base of the tail where I stamped my initials and the date in Roman numerals. The teapot now begins a slow drying process..



Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s